Adding chickpeas to brownies adds a ton of density, fiber and protein without any funky, unfamiliar flavor
We used our dried chickpeas for this recipe (cooked). You’ll need about half a cup of dried to make about 1.5 cups cooked
This recipe can be modified for your flour and sugar preferences as well. We used brown rice flour, but really the same amount of any type of flour will work. Almond, oat, spelt etc. We used plain white sugar but you could also use coconut sugar or even maple syrup.
You can also tweak any additions. We added coconut and walnuts because they’re items featured in our shop. Anything goes though!
Once all your ingredients are ready, simply add everything to a food processor until evenly mixed. Then pour into a greased 8 inch baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
The brownies won’t look cooked when you take them out! Let them settle overnight on the counter or in the fridge. They’re sublime the next day.
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, cooked OR 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour white, rice, almond, oat
- 3 tbsp any milk or applesauce
- 3 tbsp nut butter or oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar white, coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350, lightly grease a 8 inch baking pan
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until evenly mixed
- pour into pan and bake for 15 minutes
- let cool overnight at room temp or in the fridge